So when is Father’s Day, exactly? In the United States, Canada, UK and Ireland, Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday in June, which this year falls on Sunday, 18th June, 2023.
Let’s celebrate all the Dads in our lives with the perfectly tailored Father’s Day card: Three cheers for all the fathers, grandfathers, godfathers, foster fathers, stepfathers, pet-dads, dads-to-be, new dads, fathers-in-law, uncles and brothers out there!
What do you say on Father’s Day?
Sometimes the best way to express your feelings is to keep it simple, and it often helps if someone has come up with some ideas to get you started! So, to get you going, we came up with some creative message ideas for what to write in your ideal Father’s Day card (we even have some top Dad jokes you can use), as well as suggestions for the top selling Father’s Day card designs and our ideas for Father’s Day gifts to make Dad crack the biggest smile when you gift him something better than socks this Father’s Day.
For all the Fathers, Dads, Daddy’s, Pops and Papas:
- “You’re my one and only Dad, and I’ll always love you to the moon and back.”
- “Because of you, I am me. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I know I don’t say it often enough but I love you and want you to know how much you mean to me. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!”
- “Socks? Ties? They aren’t good enough for you, Dad! I found you the best gift… the gift of me!”
- “To the best Dad in the world, Happy Father’s Day! Hope you have the happiest of days.”
- “I’m so lucky to have you as my Dad… but not as lucky as you are for having me as your (favourite) child!”
- “Fathers hold their children’s hands for a short while, but their hearts forever… I love you, Dad. Happy Father’s Day.”
- “I’m so proud to have been raised by you.”
- “Thank you for always being there, Pop. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “For all you do and all you are, I love you.”
- “Papa, you are the one who knows me inside out. I admire and love you more than you’ll ever know. Have a wonderful Father’s Day!”
- “Thank you for being the greatest Daddy in the world. I feel so happy and proud to be your daughter/son.”
- “You’re one of my favourite parents!”
- “Happy Father’s Day, Dad! You mean so much to me. I hope your day is as special as you are.”
- “Raising me took a lot of patience. Thanks for hanging in there with me.”
- “I can’t begin to thank you for all the things you have done for me. You have supported and encouraged me throughout my entire life. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “To Pops, with love, from your favourite child.”
- “Congratulations, Dad – I turned out awesome. Enjoy your day basking in the glory of my greatness.”
- “You mean so much to me, Daddy. I love you with all my heart and wish you a Happy Father’s Day!”
- “I know it’s hard to hide the fact I’m your favorite but we both know it… Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Sorry if I drove you crazy sometimes. I only did it because I love you!”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the best Daddy of all! Lots of love.”
- “For all you do and all you are, we love you…”
- “Thanks for putting up with us! We love you so much.”
- “You do so much for me and you always work so hard, so this Father’s Day, put your feet up, sit back and relax. Let me treat you!”
- “No matter the distance between us, or what the time is, I always know you’ll be there with your love and support. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Thanks for making home the happiest place to be.”
- “We’re thinking of you with lots of love today! Hope you can feel it.”
- “Poppa, you’re the gorgeous glue that holds us all together.”
For Grandfathers, Grandads, Gramps and Grandpapa:
- “You’ll always have your own special place in my heart, Grandad.”
- “Thanks for spoiling me rotten!”
- “God knew what he was doing when he made you a grandad – he knew you’d be the best one ever.”
- “The greatest Dads are promoted to become the best grandads! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “You’ve taught me so much without saying a word.”
- “I could sure use a Gran-pops hug right now.”
- “Grandpapa, your love has shaped me in lasting ways.”
For a Father-to-be or a New Dad:
- “Happy Dad-to-be Day! You’re going to make such a good dad!”
- “Happy Father’s Day, with lots of love and anticipation!”
- “You’re joining the daddy club! Hope this Father’s Day will be the first of many special ones for you.”
- “You are off to such a sweet start as a dad. Happy 1st Father’s Day!”
- “Thank you for our beautiful baby – the best gift you could ever give me. I’m so excited to share the journey of parenthood with my love and best friend. Happy first Father’s Day!”
- “You’ve got hand-drawn Father’s Day cards in your future, along with big hugs from your lucky little one!”
- “This is the beginning of a new, exciting journey through motherhood. Enjoy your very first Father’s Day!”
- “That sweet baby isn’t the only one who should be pampered – today’s all for you!”
- “Daddy, you’re the best. I love you very much, now and forever.”
- “To my Daddy. Happy first Father’s Day! I love you so very much.
For adopted dads, foster dads, step-dads and god-fathers:
- “You may not have given me life, but you’re a huge part of mine! Thank you for being you!”
- “You mean more to me than I can say! Love you to bits and wish you a happy Father’s Day!”
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a father.”
- “Thank you for doing such a great job raising me. I am blessed to have you in my life. Have an amazing day!”
- “We may not be related by blood but you have always been like a father to me.”
- “You have been the father that I needed and I cannot thank you enough for all that you have done for me. Happy Father’s Day!”
Now that you have found the perfect Father’s Day message, you need the perfect card design that amplifies your feelings of gratitude and affection. Here at Snapfish we have plenty of Father’s Day card designs to choose from, from gorgeous non-photo Father’s Day cards to an array of Father’s Day photo card templates so you can easily celebrate all your best memories in a single card. You can even design your perfect card for Dad from scratch.
Snapfish + Macmillan are working in partnership to raise vital funds. For every greeting card or flat card set sold, Macmillan receive up to 15p.
We love seeing what you come up with! Please tag us @SnapfishUK and #snapfishUK on Facebook, Instagram & Pinterest when you share your personalised Father’s Day Cards and Gift creations.